It is important to have bowel movements regularly so that your body can get rid of waste products. Constipation or irregular bowel movements may be an unpleasant & painful problem.
Being constipated can make you feel uncomfortable, bloated, heavy, and sluggish. Laxatives are the compounds or foods that have the ability to induce bowel movements, especially in the case of constipation.
You can use the power of the natural laxatives like Raisins to soften the stool and stimulate a bowel movement. Though there are many natural laxatives in nature. Here we will discuss a sweet and tasty natural one which is being used from ancient times.
Raisins are a good source of natural sugars and can be a substitute sugar to prevent diabetes, obesity and other health problems. So, intake of raisin bran is very effective for treating constipation. It is better to consume the moderate amount of raisins along with sufficient amount of water.
Health benefits of Raisins :
- Raisins act as natural laxatives helps in loosening up the stool in the large intestine.
- They contain sugar, vitamin C, and minerals and also a good source of dietary fiber.
- When taken with water, it helps the stool pass easily from the large intestine to the colon and finally into the rectum.
- Raisins also contain insoluble fiber which gives stools bulk and a soft texture.
- Raisins are rich in Tartaric acid, which has catechin and tannins, that collects the toxins and waste from colon and flush it out from your body through the stool.
The Ways That Raisins Can Be Used To Relieve Constipation :
1. Raisins as a whole :
Eat a handful of raisins after 1 hour of your meals as it is or you can use raisins as toppings over your salads, baked items or puddings. Daily follow up this method will assist you to clear constipation as well as another stomach related problem.
2. Soaked Raisins :
Take a handful of raisins, place them in a bowl. Now, add water till these raisins are totally covered by water. Cover the bowl and leave it to soak the raisins for 1 whole night.
Take out the cover in the following morning which placed in this bowl and now eat these raisins on an empty stomach.
Drink the water of these soaked raisins to remove constipation. Eat these raisins every day with water on an empty stomach to relieve constipation.
3. Raisins with other dry fruits:
For proper colon functioning as well as inhibiting constipation and other stomach related problems, you can use raisins with other dry fruits. This recipe has both laxative effect and high fiber content that helps to remove constipation.
Ingredients: Raisins, Prunes, Figs, Dates. Take half of the cup each ingredient.
- Blend equal quantities prunes, raisins, figs, and dates in a blender, till it forms like thick juice.
- Take out this juice and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Take this thick mixture (2 – 4 tablespoons) for once every day to treat constipation. It will help you to get cure from constipation.
4. Yogurt with raisins :
It is a very simple way to consume both raisins and yogurt. Moreover, it is very delicious as well as highly nutritional and also a cure for constipation.
Simply steam your raisins for 5 minutes in a steamer, and after that add into yogurt. You may add sugar if you want. However, you can buy sugar covered raisins from a grocery store.
5. Raisins in Boiled Milk :
10 to 15 pieces of raisins and 1 glass of milk
- Take raisins and wash them properly. Remove its seeds and then add them in one saucepan.
- After that, pour milk in that saucepan and boil for some minutes.
- Now eat all raisins and also consume the whole milk to cure constipation.
- Continue doing this process to prevent constipation and to gain other health benefits.
6. Raisins with Apple Juice :
Raisins, fresh apple juice 1 glass, fresh or dried figs, 1 small apple.
- Place equal quantities of figs and raisins in a blender.
- Add fresh apple juice and small apple pieces.
- Blend to make juice & drink this daily to treat constipation and other intestinal problems.
7. Raisins as Healthy Meals :
You can add raisins in oatmeal in place of adding syrup or sugar for breakfast. You may top the salad with an abundance of raisins.
For dinner, you may add these raisins in mashed potatoes or to the veggies and can transform your dinner into various recipes. Follow up of these healthy meal ideas frequently to eradicate your problem of constipation.
You must add raisins to your daily diet to get relieved from constipation. Constipation is not so serious health problem, but it may transform into piles and fissures if remains persistent. The main cause of the constipation is dehydration, an improper diet, certain medications, medical conditions, and stress. To find out the root cause and give attention accordingly.
Moreover, add pro-biotic to your diet to maintain the bowel movement effectively as it improves digestion and micro flora. Here, we also introduce a product which becomes a first aid in constipation i.e. Pet Saffa.
Or You Can Buy Online .
This product is completely made with the herbal ingredient which Naturally Treats your Constipation. Also, share your experience with us after trying these remedies for Constipation. If you found this article interesting, like and share with your friends. It will work for you.