In today’s era, everyone tend to have a sedentary life which in turn gives rise to various health issues including stomach related and digestive issues. People frequently experience some stomach issues like gas, acidity, indigestion, abdominal bloating, constipation etc.
Many people often complain of having occasional constipation while they are on trip. Have you ever experienced of occasional cramping and bloating while travelling and enjoying a trip during your vacations? Occasional constipation can happen to anyone from time to time. If you’re experiencing occasional constipation, then you might have question about the causes and how to find relief for occasional constipation. To help you stand out from these queries, we’ve mentioned the causes and the tips to get relief from occasional constipation.
Let’s have a look at the causes and the tips to get relief from occasional constipation:
Common Causes of Occasional Constipation:
- Diet: Unhealthy food habits including intake of too many refined sugars, processed foods, starches, dairy products, soda drinks etc. can give rise to occasional constipation
- Lack of Exercise: Lack of exercise also triggers to occasional constipation because exercise generates the flow of lymph in the body, stimulating peristalsis and supports healthy elimination.
- Changes in Daily Routine: Changes in normal daily activity can often affect your bowel movements, resulting occasional constipation.
- Busy Schedule: When someone ignores the urge to go to the bathroom and develops a habit of Holding it or waiting too long, over the time their body may stop recognizing the natural signals to goto the bathroom.
- Certain medications: Some medications can cause occasional constipation, including over-the-counter medications and many prescription medications.
If you are looking for some tips to manage your OccasionalConstipation, Here are some tips to manage it:
- Increase your fiber intake: Adding more fiber to your diet can provide a regular bowel movement. Eating vegetables, whole-grain foods, fruits, non-starchy foods that are low in sugar may help to maintaina healthy bowel movements and give relief from occasional constipation.
- Drink lots of water: The first choice to get rid of occasional constipation is drinking plenty of liquids and staying hydrated to get a healthy elimination.
- Get more exercise: Daily exercise make us more physically active. Our muscle activity in intestines increases during the time of exercise. Try some basic daily exercise including walking and jogging etc. to get a healthy bowel movement.
- Don’t ignore the urge to go to the bathroom: As we’ve mentioned earlier, you should not ignore the urge to go to the bathroom. Never feel rushed or stressed during your bathroom time to have a healthy bowel movement.
Occasional constipation is often defined as having infrequent bowel movements with difficulty in elimination. It can occur suddenly and may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting and lasted more than 7 days. Occasion constipation is a common problem which keep you back from enjoying your trip, vacations, tour and day to day life. Therefore, maintain a regular healthy routine and enjoy your each and every jovial days. What you generally do to manage your occasional constipation? Do share your opinion and advice in our comment section below.