The summer season is just around the corner. It is time to relish the seasonal fruits and foods. However, various health issues and infections also occur with the transition in the weather. As the temperature starts to increase, our body is taking its own time to adopt the change, reducing our immunity. So, it is necessary to maintain a proper diet and nutrition to prevent the possible health consequences.
Stomach problems are obvious during summer. Some people’s appetite reduces during summer season or they tend to suffer from dehydration or diarrhea, making it difficult to deal with digestive problems. During the summer, having oily and too spicy food results indigestion and other stomach problems. Everyone has a question “what is the possible way to keep stomach healthy during the summer season?’ In response to this question, we have mentioned some simple tips to improve digestion and to keep stomach healthy in summer.
Let’s have look at the simple tips to prevent summer related Stomach issue:
Five Tips for Healthy stomach:
1. Avoid spicy food: During the summer season,stomach inflammation is commonly found. To prevent stomach inflammation, remove spicy and Junk Food from your Summer Diet. Eat beans, carrots to reduce pathogenic heat and strengthen the spleen and stomach through your healthy food habit.
2. Eat digestive Spices (herbs): To improve digestion and prevent summer digestive problems, add some spices or herbs like Coriander, fenugreek, fennel seeds, cardamom, cilantro, cumin, in your summer diet routine.
3. Stay hydrated: Many people lose their appetite during summer due to digestive problems and summer heat. During summer, people always have the urge to drink cold beverages,mainly juice and cold drinks. To stay fit and active, take fruit juices and smoothies. Sweating causes our body to lose a lot of water, hence to maintain the water content of our body in a required quantity, stay hydrated and avoid water retention.
4. Eat Less: Avoid eating more in summer to prevent summer digestive problems. As the digestive system becomes sensitive during the summer season, it is best to eat less. Therefore, take smaller meals at short intervals. This keeps digestion easy and doesn’t make you hungry also. Prefer juicy and easy to digest food like green vegetables and fresh fruits. These foods also keep you hydrated.
5. Avoid Fatty food and Limit coffee:Fatty foods generally affect the digestive process. Try to reduce your fat intake during summers. Cutting down the excessive intake of caffeine helps to reduce some problems like stomach ulcers, acidity, and heartburn etc. That alter the smooth functioning of the digestive system.
Ayurvedic tips to keep stomach healthy in Summer:
According to Ayurveda, summer is the season of heat. Three doshas are found in Ayurveda: Vatta, Pitta and Kapha. Pitta is a kind of energy that drives transformations in the same way that fire can transform materials by heating them up and processing them through this increase in temperature. We cannot change the season and the weather but we can make choices for our good health. Staying healthy in the hot summer means cooling down the Pitta fire that can make us feel unwell. Here are some Ayurvedic tips to keep your stomach problem free during summer.
1. Avoid Foods That Heat You Up :
Avoid foods that will produce heat in your body. Avoid sour fruits as these fruits tend to heat up your body. Limit the intake of garlic, chili, salted cheese, tomato, sour cream to avoid digestive system related issues. Eat salads which provide cooling effect when taken in lunch. Try to avoid meat, egg and fried food to balance the heat produced in your stomach.
2. Take your Meal at the Right Time :
According to Ayurveda, we should take our meal when our digestive fire is at its strongest. It is found to be strong during lunch (mid-day). Skipping your lunch during summer is equal to disturbing your pitta dosha that further makes you feel irritated and cranky.
3. Eat Cooling Foods :
Add water-rich fruits like watermelon, apples, pears, plums, prunes and berries in your diet. Consume vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cucumber. Switch to plenty of water intake or you can take fresh fruit juice.
4. Avoid Hot Drinks or Hot Water :
Drinking hot beverages also affects pitta dosha. Therefore, you must always choose to drink beverages at room temperature in order to balance it. Try to avoid junk food, spicy, hot and crunchy food items to balance the pitta dosha.
You Can Use Pet Saffa Ayurvedic constipation powder for Constipation Relief.
Or You Can Buy Online
Hope you liked this blog. These simple tips will really help you out to enjoy a healthy stomach. It’s up to you what your choice according to your health is. Take proper care of your diet while choosing your summer foods and enjoy a healthy summer.
Have you ever experienced any kind of summer related stomach issues? In what way you are able to manage such types of problems? Do share your advice and opinion in our comment section below.