If you are not a Fan of Fiber, this article will surprise you. Fiber is a powerful nutrient which can keep your stomach healthy. Dietary fiber is plant-based nutrient which is sometimes also called bulk or roughage. Fiber is a type of carbohydrate but it does not break down into sugar molecules and pass through the intestines intact.
Fiber is important for digestion, weight management, controlling blood sugar, maintenance of cholesterol and many more. There are two types of fiber- soluble and insoluble. Both of these types are important for keeping your intestinal health in a good condition.
Soluble fibers let more water to stay in your stool making the stools soft and easy to pass out. Insoluble fiber adds bulk to the waste matter which makes it passage through your gut fast and prevents the feeling of constipation.
Foods that help you go :
One of the best ways to get more fiber is through the food you eat. High fiber foods contain vitamins and minerals and are generally low in fat and calories. Taking a wide variety of high fiber food can maximize the intake of other different nutrients.
Foods which have most fiber are :
- Fruit– Apple, banana, orange, strawberry, mango
- Vegetables-Potatoes, carrots, broccoli, squash
- Legumes– Beans, peas, pulses
- Grains– Brown rice, whole wheat bread, oatmeal
- Seeds and nuts– Peanuts, almond, walnuts, mustard seeds
Reading food labels before purchasing it in a grocery store can be helpful. For people who take cereals for breakfast, there’s one advice that choose cereals which has 10 grams of fiber in each serving.
Benefits of above mentioned fibrous foods :
- Fruit contain a high level of insoluble fibers and can help to add bulk to the waste material and help in their easy pass out.
- Vegetables are also a hub of both soluble and insoluble fibers and can help in relieving constipation. Eat fibrous vegetables in right proportion to balance your diet.
- Legumes like beans, peas, and pulses are high in fiber and this makes them a right choice for getting relief from constipation.
- Grains try to eat whole grain bread, oatmeal, barley all these grains can help to solve the trouble of constipation.
- Seeds and Nuts provide you with fibers and oils which you need to relieve constipation as they can help to soften the stools for easy removal.
Tips to get more fiber in diet:
- While baking any dish, you can make little changes in the recipe. Instead of white flour, you can go for whole flour.
- You can add high fiber cereal or flax seeds to yogurt while eating it. You can increase your veggie intake by topping the baked potatoes with broccoli or some other fiber-rich vegetables.
- While making a salad you can add nuts and dry fruit to it as it will add both fiber and flavour to it.
- When snacking, try to eat high fiber snacks like carrots, popcorn, nuts and dry fruit.
Fiber is also available in the form of Powder and pill at any grocery or pharmacy store. However, it’s better to get fiber through food sources. In case you go for taking fiber supplements make sure to drink enough water for a smooth running of your system.
One more important thing to keep in mind is to go slow. While adding fibrous foods to your diet, you need to go slow otherwise you can experience gas pain. This slow increase of fiber content can give time to your body for adjusting.
People who eat high fiber diet have fewer chances of having constipation. Getting sufficient fiber can help you to have healthy bowel habits and prevent constipation.
Besides taking fiber-rich foods, you can also take the help of ayurvedic medicine for constipation. In case of severe constipation problem, you can take Pet Saffa Powder for Constipation. Pet saffa is purely ayurvedic enriched with 11 herbs and effective in giving relief from gastrointestinal problems. The herbs of Pet Saffa are kind to the walls of the stomach and cannot cause any complications. Its main key ingredients like saunf, senna, ajwain, isaphgulla, triphala and other natural elements keep your stomach free from all the troubles like gas, acidity, and constipation.
If you liked this post, hit the like button and share with others. You can share your opinions in the comment box given below.