Constipation is definitely not a appealing and a happy feel health asset. Everyone in their lives has suffered through this problem at one point or another. Every problem starts with smaller symptoms. When ignored can turn into severe problems with additional symptoms appearing thus disturbing the healthy metabolism of our heavenly bodies.
This axiom ‘Prevention is better than cure’ goes with every situation in life. An acute problem/disease can be prevented from turning to a chronic/gigantic problem by adopting a healthy and a balanced lifestyle. In today’s hustle and bustle of life when health should be our priority, we unknowingly avoid it. Good eating habits are only inculcated only when we eat good foods. The definition of good foods varies from individual to individual. For some individuals good foods is all about junk food we like to binge on to feel the temporary happiness we get by eating it. In our context, good foods is about a balanced diet having fiber rich foods and cereals, colorful fruits rich in antioxidants, green vegetables and a plate full of different kind of whole grains and nuts. The aim is to achieve a balance in proportion of carbohydrate, protein and fat we eat. Nothing in excess is appreciated when we take balanced diet through good foods.
Advantages of taking Healthy Food are as follows:
- Antidote to high risk obesity problems
- Happy neurotransmitters in brain
- Good hormonal balance
- Provides immunity against diseases
- Cancer risk decreased
- A long healthy life is promised
Best foods for Constipation Relief
Constipation is having less than three bowel movements per week. A little discomfort in the abdomen area and the impact on our daily activities is surely to indicate that there lays a problem. Unhealthy lifestyle marked by lack of exercise, stress, bad bathrooms habits and unhealthy eating can contribute to constipation. Other reasons may include some medical conditions like inflammatory bowel disease, hyperthyroidism and taking some medicines (antidepressants, painkillers).Whatever may be the underlying cause you can always rely on some best foods which helps in easy bowel movements and thus helps in preventing constipation.
Best Foods for Constipation includes the following:
- Kiwis/Chinese gooseberry : One medium hairy brown kiwi has 2 gm of fiber including both soluble and insoluble It has good amount of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and laxative ingredients which help achieve healthy colorectal health.
- Prunes : It is a well known natural remedy for constipation. 3.9 grams of fiber is contained in three dried prunes. It contains both soluble and insoluble fiber, sorbitol for retrieving lost water back to colon, Vitamin A and potassium which acts as a catalyst for digestive enzymes like pepsin, trypsin and thus improving digestion and easy bowel movement.
- Berries: Raspberries, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries and strawberries are the common berries found in our kitchen shelf. It contains 2.4 gm of dietary fiber per 100 gram of fiber. It is a fully fledged with nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
- Nuts: It has good source of fiber and helps in smooth bowel movement.Almonds, cashews, walnuts and almonds are good nut choices. Average dietary fiber in nuts is 7 gm per 100 grams.
- Spinach: In ancient Chinese texts the magical effects of spinach are mentioned. Spinach soup or spinach juice can be a great idea in incorporating spinach in your daily diet. It has 2.2 gram of dietary fiber per 100 grams of it.
- Whole grain breads: Oatmeal, barley, bran and rye are well known whole grains .They provide high rich fiber to breads thus help you in acute/chronic constipation cases. It has 7 gram of dietary fiber per 100 gram of multigrain bread.
- Oranges: Fresh fruits and vegetables have been always suggested for regular and smooth bowel movement thus helps in preventing constipation. This healthy orange fruit provides with natural laxatives, Vitamin C, potassium and calcium to the diet. It has 2.4 gram of dietary fiber per 100 gram.
- Flaxseeds: It is also known as linseed. It has rich reserves of soluble fibers, laxatives and essential fatty acids like omega 3 fatty acids. It has 27 gram of dietary fiber per 100 gram.
A healthy living lifestyle is in our hands. Keeping yourself hydrated and doing regular exercise along with taking a healthy diet can do wonders for your health.
Food Habits for Healthy Stomach? If you have any other information, Please add in Comments.